Meat can be so expensive to buy, especially when you’ve got to buy enough for the whole family. In fact, your meat and poultry purchases are probably some of the most expensive items on your grocery list, are we right? If you’re looking for a way to add some oomph to your dinner without breaking the bank, we’ve got your new go-to ingredient…
Yup, that’s right. Now we know what you must be thinking. “Come on–it’s just a bunch of leaves. Can a recipe using cabbage really be enough to feed the whole family?”
The answer is yes. These easy cabbage recipes have so many uses, showing you just how many different types of recipes you can get out of one easy-to-find ingredient. Check out the array we have in store…
Our collection of easy cabbage recipes includes winners like:
1) Bubble and Squeak (shown above): This Irish side dish recipe gets its name from the noise the potatoes make as they squeak around the pan! This cabbage recipe only uses five simple ingredients, making it easy to make when you’re on a tight budget.
2) Buttermilk Coleslaw (shown above): This country-style favorite is sure to be a hit at your summer barbecues. Using fresh ingredients, this made-from-scratch deli salad is the side dish that just keeps on giving.
3) Buttery Cabbage (shown above): It doesn’t get much simpler than this. This easy veggie recipe takes a back-to-basics approach, and boy, does it work! Peppered with vegetables and bacon, this side dish recipe is sure to become a favorite for the entire family.
4) Stuffed Cabbage Bundles (not shown): This all-in-one dish saves you the hassle of having to throw together both a main course and a side dish. We’ve wrapped up the best of both worlds into this hearty dinner recipe, making feeding your family easier than ever.
5) Farmer’s Cabbage and Pasta (not shown): Who could turn down a pasta dish like this? We love cooking with pasta because it’s such an inexpensive way to add some variety to any dish. You’ll love the contrast in texture between the pasta and the veggies–it was a big hit around here!
And that was just a sample! If your mouth is already salivating at the thought of trying out one of these recipes, head on over to check out our entire collection page ’cause we’re sure you’ll find even more hidden gems buried inside.
We want to know! What’s your favorite veggie to make with dinner? Let us know in the comments below!
- “Puddin'” Up with the Holidays: 20 Easy Pudding Recipes for Christmas - December 4, 2014
- 5 Cheap Thanksgiving Side Dishes - November 21, 2014
- 6 Thrifty Appetizers You’ll Need This Year - October 5, 2014