It’s berry season! Strawberries and blueberries are cheap right now, which means it’s prime time to make some easy desserts and other Southern recipes. Berries are just perfect when the sun is shining and it’s a beautiful spring day. They’re so juicy and refreshing.
It’s smart to pay attention to when fruit and veggies are in season and start planning to make recipes using those ingredients. It saves lots of money, and it’s a great excuse to eat plant based nutrients when they’re at their peak. A strawberry in May is so much better than a strawberry in December. You can look to guides like this Seasonal Southern foods list, or you can just see what’s in abundance in your grocery store’s produce section. Usually whatever’s in season is right by the door.
If you love Southern fruit recipes, you should definitely take a peek at our free eCookbook. Fantastic Fruit Dessert Recipes will come in handy all summer, with eight easy dessert recipes using your favorite fruits.
This spring, we’re seeing all kinds of gorgeous dessert recipes using strawberries and blueberries. We’ve even seen some great raspberry recipes on Pinterest. To give you some inspiration, we rounded up some of the best seasonal fruit recipes on FaveSouthernRecipes.com. Take a look!
10 Seasonal Fruit Recipes to Try This Spring
- Southern Strawberry Coconut Punch Bowl Cake
- Fluffy Strawberry Salad
- White Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- Shoney’s Copycat Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Sour Cream Scones
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Vanilla Pancakes with Blueberries
- Blissful Blueberry Pie
- Kentucky Butter Cake with Blueberries
- Blueberry, Almond, and Coconut Pastries
Which do you prefer – strawberries or blueberries?
- 10 Seasonal Fruit Recipes to Try This Spring - April 11, 2020
- Berry Cheap Southern Eats: 10 Seasonal Fruit Recipes - April 4, 2020
- 5 Cheap Southern Recipes - March 28, 2020