Some of my coziest winter memories involve sipping hot apple cider in a church basement as the snow piled up outside, hanging out with members of my youth group. It seemed like any social church gathering in the winter aims to warm you from the inside, whether it’s the hot drinks and food or the community spirit that’s doing the warming.
It’s the time of year for indoor church potlucks and spaghetti dinners that bring the community together. After all, the holidays are upon us and there’s no better time to spend with friends and family in your favorite sacred place.
Southern recipes are great in winter because they’re already pretty darn comforting (and certainly filling). If you’re looking for churchy winter recipes to make at home, bring to a potluck, or serve at a holiday gathering, we’ve done the hard part for you. From easy casserole recipes to toasty soup recipes, feeding a crowd can be easy.
Here’s our collection of churchy winter recipes your grandma would approve of!
11 Churchy Winter Recipes from the South
Loaded Vegetable Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker Sweet Corn Sausage Chowder
- Grandma’s Favorite Heirloom Country Chicken Casserole
- Hash Brown Casserole
- Creamy Cheesy Party Potatoes
- Beefy Bean Bake
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie
- Church Supper Broccoli Casserole
- 4-Ingredient 4-Minute Corn Pudding
- Mom’s Old Fashioned Stuffing
- Overnight Pecan Cinnamon Roll Casserole – Perfect for holiday brunches!
What church events do you enjoy the most over the holidays?
- 11 Churchy Winter Recipes from the South - November 14, 2019
- 10 Cheap Churchy Recipes: Potluck Dessert Recipes - September 2, 2019
- Berry Cheap Southern Eats: 10 Seasonal Fruit Recipes - April 27, 2019