By a show of hands, who doesn’t love to snuggle? No hands? That’s what we thought…and what better time to get cuddly than around Valentine’s Day?
No one can resist the cuddliness of a good blanket. Whether you’re sharing an afghan with a friend, significant other, spouse, or riding solo with a book or movie, you’ll be hard-pressed to move from your spot on the couch for hours. A homemade crochet afghan can make the perfect addition to any home, or the perfect gift. Your friend, mother, grandparent, or child will be tickled positively pink when they unwrap a snuggly blanket from you.
Valentine’s Day Crochet Blanket Patterns
Forget about wearing your heart on your sleeve. This Valentine’s Day, wrap yourself in them completely. These homemade blankets are just six giant valentines waiting to be crocheted and opened up on February 14th.
- Hearts and Stripes Afghan
- Conversation Hearts Afghan
- Rainbows and Hearts Blanket
- Lounge with Love Afghan
- Tally Ho Afghan
Red and Pink Crochet Blanket Patterns
For a subtler Valentine’s Day cuddle fest, check out this list of blankets made with pink and red yarn. They’ll make a thoughtful gift and fit the theme of of any room all year long.
- Cranberry Basketweave Throw
- California Ranch Afghan
- Pink Raspberry Throw
- Lacy Shades of Pink Shells Afghan
Extra Soft Crochet Blanket Patterns
For those who put “coziness” at the top of their priority list, we’ve got three snuggly blankets that will drive you wild. Place one of those cuddle kings in your bedroom and living room to optimize February 14th cozy time.
- 11 Stashbusting Crochet Afghan Patterns to Make Room for New Yarn - December 23, 2017
- Free Red Heart Crochet Afghan Pattern: Rainbow Blanket - March 7, 2016
- 10 Cozy Crochet Afghan Patterns for October - October 12, 2015