Christmas is, incredibly, less than a month away, and I’m so thankful to have finished all of my holiday sewing projects under budget.
Too bad that’s not true. If you’re anything like me you probably have a cute list (maybe one in your head?) of gifts to make for your family and friends, but you have yet to make a dent in it. Sure, I’ve picked out some fabric, and I know where my sewing machine is, but other than that…I need help. It’s a good thing AllFreeSewing just updated their complete Christmas guide, or I’d be in real trouble.
True to its name, 172 Free Christmas Sewing Patterns: A Complete Christmas Sewing Guide, is the perfect survival guide for those in need of ideas for their loved ones or themselves. Take a peek at what this collection offers for a less expensive way to craft this holiday season!
Decorating your Christmas Tree doesn’t have to cost a pretty penny. Making smaller homemade ornaments that use less fabric can actually deliver a more sophisticated look. Don’t go gaudy this year with over-sized ornaments; keep them small and cute with projects like these and more from our Complete Christmas Guide:
- Highland Hot Air Ornament
- Fabric Star Christmas Tree Ornament
- Hot Cocoa Felt Ornament
- Felt Ogee Ornament
- Faux Quilted Stocking Ornament
I love the amount of scrappy Christmas stockings you’ll find in the Complete Christmas Guide. What with all of the holiday sewing going on (or that you plan on doing), there are sure to be a lot of bits and pieces around the house. Use those scraps to create cute pieces to hang above your mantel! Take a look at these samples below:
- Recycled T-Shirt Stocking
- DIY Upcycled Christmas Stockings
- Simple Refashioned Christmas Stocking
- Sweater Stocking
- Denim Christmas Stockings
Sometimes it’s easy to forget that you can spruce up other areas of your house besides the tree and mantel. These cost-effective solutions to a seasonal home are absolutely gorgeous (and fun to make)! Take a look at these treasures from the Complete Christmas Guide:
- Christmas Dinner Placemat
- Cozy Little Cottage Mug Rug
- Simple No-Sew Fabric Angels
- Sock Snowman
- Christmas Yo Yo Doily
- Plush Wreath
The fun doesn’t stop here. The 172 Free Christmas Sewing Patterns: A Complete Christmas Sewing Guide offers a bunch of budget-friendly sewing solutions to the holidays. Find collections on sewn gifts, decorations, and more to keep your wallet from busting but your spirits high this holiday season.
- 10 Spring DIY Bag Patterns to Sew This Month - March 3, 2018
- Stuff to Make With Socks: 14 Sock Dolls and Other Sock Crafts - January 5, 2018
- Blast from the Past: Budget-Friendly Retro Vintage Sewing Patterns & Jewelry Patterns - July 22, 2015