Do you have a plain necklace that needs a little help in the beauty department? Adding a stunning DIY pendant to an otherwise “Plain Jane” chain can instantly create a statement piece for your jewelry collection. If you are ready to learn how to make a pendant, we have collected some of the best DIY jewelry tutorials for you. They are categorized into beaded jewelry tutorials, wire wrapped jewelry, jewelry made with stones, and a collection of just unique DIY pendants you just have to see.
Pendants, especially statement style pendants, can be expensive to purchase. Learn how to make a pendant necklace, and you’ll save yourself a ton of money. That way you can make a pendant to go with any outfit, to give as gifts (think Mother’s Day and teacher gifts), or to simply practice your jewelry making techniques.
How to Make a Pendant Necklace: Beaded
Beads are one of the simplest things to make a pendant from. You can buy new or repurpose beads from older necklaces and projects. Either way, the results are stunning.
- Perched Harmonies Necklace
- Totally Trendy Amulet Necklaces
- Seed Bead Jeweled Pendant
- Vintage Pendulum Necklace
- Stunning Stone Pendant
How to Make a Necklace: Wire Wrapped Pendants
Wire wrapping techniques are fun to master. Learn how to make a pendant with a few simple supplies.
- Geometric Prism DIY Necklace
- Wire Wrap Woven Pendant Tutorial
- Shenandoah Chain Maille Pendant
- Enchanted Wire Tree Pendant
- DIY Birds Nest Necklace
Using Stones to Make a DIY Pendant
Use the beauty of nature to your advantage and make a pendant worthy of a statement piece.
- Stone and Silver DIY Pendant Necklace
- Midnight Rose Coil and Crystal Wrapped Pendant
- 2-Step Turquoise Agate Pendant
- Shady Sunglasses Pendant
- Ribbon Yarn and Agate Slice Necklace
Unique Pendant Tutorials You’ll Love
These pendants are all so unique that we could not help but share them with you. Each of these DIY pendant tutorials would be perfect gifts for the bibliophile, music lover, or nature lover in your life.
- Metallic Origami DIY Pendants
- Preserved Page Pendant
- Music Lovers Necklace
- Glazed Paper Butterfly Necklace
- Jewel Globe DIY Pendants
For more great pendants tutorials, check out our collection “How to Make a Pendant: 44 DIY Pendant Projects.” Adding a pendant to a chain, cord, or strand of beads gives your piece a focal point, not to mention a lot of personality. There are a variety of tutorials out there to learn how to make a pendant, so you can easily find the technique that suits your style and skill set best.
What kind of pendant is your favorite to wear? Let us know below in the comments!
- 20 DIY Pendant Necklace Tutorials - February 13, 2020
- 140 Frighteningly Fabulous Halloween Jewelry Projects - October 3, 2019
- Knotted Wonders: 12 Macrame Patterns I Can’t Stop Wearing - July 23, 2019