Amish food is known for being simple and old-fashioned. When you’re cooking without a lot of new-fangled conveniences, it helps to have really easy recipes. Unless you’re Amish, you probably do have some tools for shortcuts—like your microwave, for example. But even if you make Amish recipes the traditional way, they’re going to come out perfect because they’ve been time-tested.
One of our favorite bloggers, Kevin Williams from The Amish Cook, writes about the Amish life and traditions, including food traditions. From casseroles to potluck favorites, Amish recipes are reliable. We highly recommend reading Kevin’s site, Amish365, if you want to know more about Amish culture.
One of the most fascinating aspects of Amish life is the commitment to tradition. While foodies across the world try to out-do each other with the newest, craziest flavor combinations, Amish recipes have stayed the same for a very long time. They rely on classic flavors and ingredients. Basically, they don’t mess with what works.
We rounded up some of our favorite Amish recipes that we know you’ll love! One of our most recent additions is the When The Bishop Calls Casserole. The story behind the name is that when the Bishop visits, it’s a big deal for the Amish community, and they aim to impress with this amazing easy casserole recipe. Check it out!
Amish Life: 8 Bishop-Approved Amish Recipes
- When The Bishop Calls Casserole
- Amish-Style Ground Beef Casserole
- Amish Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Amish Yumasetti Casserole
Which Amish recipe would you like to try? Let us know below in the comments!
- 10 Toasty Classic Soup Recipes for Your Freezing Office - January 7, 2023
- Banana Split Lasagna and Friends: 6 Easy Dessert Lasagna Recipes - December 19, 2022
- Pilgrim Approved: 7 Budget-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes - November 11, 2022