Happy Earth Day, fellow cheap eaters and thrifty crafters! I don’t know about you, but I plan on celebrating this glorious day by stepping outside of the office as much as I can (sneakily, of course), taking my dog Brody for a walk or two, and working on some recycled crafts.
I’m not sure if this happens in the circles you run in, but I always have quite a few people ask me questions about Earth Day every year. It’s not a giant holiday like Easter or Christmas, so I totally get the confusion. If you’re unsure about what Earth Day actually is, here’s the quick 411:
1. What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is an annual event where people show their support for environmental conservation and protection. It’s a day that’s all about loving the Earth and educating others on how best to treat it and protect it. Some get involved with recycling events while others plant trees or flowers. Then there are people like me who turn to recycled crafts and go nuts.
2. When is Earth Day?
This year, Earth Day is on Wednesday, April 22nd. (Which, in case you haven’t noticed, is today!) In fact, like Christmas, Earth Day has a set date. So, next year, Earth Day will be on April 22nd as well! That’s easy enough to remember, right?
3. Do I get or have to buy any presents on Earth Day?
Nope! No presents. So take that how you will. However, if you want to think of Earth Day crafts as presents, then yes. Lots and lots of presents!
Speaking of recycled crafts and presents, I’ve been toying around with making one or a few of the Earth Day ideas below. Are you on the hunt for a few craft projects too? Then you may want to peruse these Earth Day activities (especially if you have kids)!
Eggshell Seedling Planters
Recycled Infinity No-Sew Scarf
Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
Vibrant Water Bottle Flower Crafts
Soda Can Wind Chimes
Stained Glass Planet Earth Day Globe
Mini Garden Earth Day Crafts
Easy DIY Milk Jug Watering Can
Toilet Paper Roll Wall Art
Birch Bark Crafts – Just make sure you don’t take it off the trees themselves!
Plastic Bottle Flowers for the Yard
Recycled Magazine Bowl
- Wine Bottle Crafts for the Wine-Lover in Your Life
- Classy Recycled Crafts for Penny-Pinchers
- Celebrate Earth Day with 45 Earth Day Activities for Children and Earth Day Crafts for Kids
- 16 DIY Home Decor Earth Day Projects
- 22 Earth Day Projects
- 29 Green Craft Ideas for Earth Day
What’s your favorite way to celebrate Earth Day?
- Wonderful Winter Gift Ideas for Your Post-Holiday Birthday Conundrums - December 25, 2020
- 13 Homemade Snow Globes - December 23, 2020
- Complete your Kids’ Table with these 8 Easy Thanksgiving Crafts and Fun Thanksgiving Recipes - November 24, 2020