The great thing about retro fashion is that you can be 100% sure it’s not just a fad. If a certain look has been around for over 20 years, it’s probably going to stick around another 20 years. Some statements like the little black dress or a well-tailored blazer are just not going anywhere—you can truly rely on them as life-long pieces of your wardrobe.
I’ve been surprised by some of the retro fashion that’s made a comeback. Can you believe high-waisted shorts and crop tops are back? Sometimes retro fashion isn’t just about the cut and shape of the clothing but about the time and place it hails from. People tend to like things from the decade they were born in—it reminds them of their childhood, and more idealistic times. Also, some things (like showing your midriff) are always going to be sexy.
For those who make their own clothes and/or jewelry, it’s easy to take inspiration from retro fashion. An A-line skirt from the ’50s is a cute, fun project that will be in style for years to come, which makes it a great retro vintage sewing pattern. You don’t want to put a lot of work into sewing something that will be out of fashion in six months. That’s just smart sewing—you’ll save a lot on buying trendy, disposable clothes, too. Vintage jewelry will always give you a touch of elegance.
Blast from the Past: Budget-Friendly Retro Vintage Sewing Patterns & Jewelry Patterns
Retro Vintage Sewing Patterns
- Elizabeth Taylor’s Favorite Lace Skirt
- The Perfect Peggy Skirt
- Refashioned 1960s Mod Dress
- Sweet and Simple Vintage Pillowcase Dress
- Vintage Heirloom Dress
- Vintage Mod Tee Dress
Vintage Jewelry Patterns
- Fantastic Fringe Beaded Necklace
- Pretty Pearl Stackable Rings
- Vintage Brooch Necklace
- Art Deco Flapper Necklace
- All Keyed Up Necklace
- Anthro-Inspired Vintage Brooch Necklace
What’s your favorite decade for fashion? Let us know below in the comments!
- 12 Easy Crescent Roll Casserole Recipes - November 14, 2020
- Blast from the Past: Budget-Friendly Retro Vintage Sewing Patterns & Jewelry Patterns - July 31, 2020
- Blast from the Past: Budget-Friendly Retro Vintage Sewing Patterns & Jewelry Patterns - July 29, 2019