A while back, we wrote about the amazingness of cheap churchy potluck recipes re-purposed as family dinners. You loved it, we loved it, and everybody was pretty happy. We’re returning to that topic with even more potluck recipes to help you save money and feed your family.
Church potlucks are a time to gather and spend time with the community. More importantly, they’re a great way to sample your neighbors’ time-honored recipes and take inspiration. If a recipe is good enough for community potlucks, it’s probably something you can make as a family dinner. Odds are it’s quick and easy, too.
Last time we gathered our favorite cheap churchy recipes, we shared lots of recipes with beans and potatoes. We love savory potluck recipes! It’s usually chock-full of popular ingredients we can’t resist. Best of all, potluck recipes help you discover delicious new ways to use cheap meats like ground beef or pork.
However, there’s much to be said about potluck desserts! All those dessert lasagnas and dessert casserole recipes will disappear from your fridge if you make them at home. They’re excellent for birthdays, holidays, and as a regular treat. Make one of these amazing potluck desserts next time there’s an achievement to celebrate! They’ve been crowd-tested, so you know your family will love them.
Here’s our collection of 10 potluck dessert recipes from FaveSouthernRecipes.com, approved at church potlucks!
10 Cheap Churchy Recipes:
Potluck Dessert Recipes
- Banana Split Lasagna – the best potluck dessert of all time!
- Hot Fudge Sundae Dessert Lasagna
- Old-Fashioned Caramel Layer Cake
- Preacher’s Cake
- Southern Banana Bread Pudding
- The Best Ever Southern Peach Cobbler
- Mississippi Mud Pie Lasagna
- Old-Fashioned Hummingbird Cake
- Louisiana Crunch Cake
- Southern Strawberry Coconut Punch Bowl Cake
What’s your favorite potluck dessert? Let us know below in the comments!
- 11 Churchy Winter Recipes from the South - November 14, 2019
- 10 Cheap Churchy Recipes: Potluck Dessert Recipes - September 2, 2019
- Berry Cheap Southern Eats: 10 Seasonal Fruit Recipes - April 27, 2019