Adult coloring is the latest craze taking the world by storm. It is a wonderful way of relaxing and unwinding after a long day at work. The designs do not always be intricate to have value. Sometimes completing an easy design can be just as satisfying. This downloadable cupcake design is perfect for a short coloring break before returning to your daily duties again.
This craft allows you to do more than just color. Once you are done, turn the colored design into a personalized birthday card. Play around with different coloring tools to get different results. Use softer colors for the background, and color the cupcake in rainbow colors for a more vibrant design, or use darker colors for a sleeker look. The recipient of this card will appreciate the time you spent to color the design, and you will be complimented for your artistic flair.
So, grab your coloring tools, put up your feet and get started!
P.S. Check out our free eBook, 7 Adult Coloring Pages!
Cheap Easy Gift Idea: Adult Coloring Cupcake Birthday Card
A6 sized printout of provided coloring page
8.2” x 5.7” black cardstock
3.6” x 5.4” pink floral embossed paper
0.2” wide silver-edged white satin ribbon
Pilot silver marker pen
Staedtler 12-color watercolor set
felt-tip pens and/or gel pens
clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
Instructions for making the project:
1. Color the printout of the provided design, using the watercolor pencils, felt-tip pens; gel pens and the silver marker pen.
2. Score the black cardstock to create a card sized 4.1” x 5.7”.
3. With the fold at the left, centre and glue the pink embossed paper to the front of the card.
4. Cut the design on the outer border line and glue it to the pink embossed paper.
5. Make a small bow with the ribbon and glue it to the bottom of the card.
What kind of adult coloring books have you used?
- Easy Gift Idea: Pinky Blue Gift-in-a-Jar - August 17, 2019
- Recycled Craft: Faux Wooden Flower Pot - July 2, 2019
- Cheap Easy Gift Idea: Adult Coloring Cupcake Birthday Card - June 29, 2019