With Christmas season right around the corner, cookie recipes have been on my mind lately. A few years ago, my friends and I began doing a friendly a “cookie swap” and it’s become one of my favorite holiday traditions.
Naturally, what started off as simple exchange of cookies has developed into an all-out competition of who could come up with the best cookie recipe. This year, I’m confident victory will be mine thanks to my secret weapon: chef Addie Gundry’s new cookie cook book, Easy Cookie Recipes:103 Best Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cake Mix Creations, Bars, and Holiday Treats Everyone Will Love.
The cookie I’ve chosen to make this year is the Monster Cookie. This delightful little beast of a cookie is jam-packed with peanut butter, oats, M&M’s, and chocolate chips. Who could resist such a perfect combination?
Preparation Time: 20 min
Chilling Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4cup M&M’s
- 1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3cup chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the egg, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together hte flour and baking soda. Gradually add to the butter mixture. Mix until combined, being careful to not overmix. Fold in the oats, M&M’s, chocolate chips, and chocolate candy sprinkles. Chill the dough for 30 minutes. Using a cookie scoop, shape the dough into 2-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Top with extra chocolate candy sprinkles.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes; the cookies will firm slightly as they cool. Serve.
Craving MORE Cookie Recipes?
This is just one of 103 phenomenal cookie recipes in Addie Gundry’s new cook book. Easy Cookie Recipes:103 Best Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cake Mix Creations, Bars, and Holiday Treats Everyone Will Love goes on sale November 28, 2017 but is available for pre-order NOW!
- Cheap & Easy Cookie Recipe: Monster Cookies - November 7, 2017
- Dinner on a Dime: Cheap Dinners for Easy Weeknight Meals - October 19, 2017
- Low-Cost Crafts for Your Kitchen - October 6, 2017