Can you believe it’s almost October? The year has flown by, but we’re ready to embrace warm, comforting meals this October. Below you can check out all of the cheap meals that we here at Cheap Eats and Thrifty Crafts plan on making this month. These recipes are easy, affordable, and great for celebrating fall.
To make sure that you never miss another budget project or recipe, click here to find out how you can sign up for our free Cheap Eats and Thrifty Crafts newsletter. With just a few clicks, you can have projects and recipes like these delivered to your inbox every week!
1. French Onion Casserole – If you love French onion soup, then you are sure to enjoy this recipe for French Onion Casserole. Rich caramelized onions are topped with cubed bread and cheese. No one will be able to resist this warm and comforting casserole.
2. Slow Cooker 7-UP Chicken & Rice – You will love this simple slow cooker chicken recipe. It only takes a few ingredients to make this easy chicken and rice dish.
3. Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup – This rich and flavorful baked potato soup is great for warming you up on a cool day. Top each bowl of baked potato soup with cheese, bacon, and green onions for a bowl full of comfort.
4. Secret Ingredient Pizza Casserole (shown above, left) – This kid-friendly casserole recipe contains a secret ingredient that is actually good for you! No one will ever be able to guess that this cheesy casserole contains plenty of cauliflower.
5. Poor Man Layered Cabbage Casserole – This cabbage casserole might just change your life! Ground beef is combined with cabbage, rice, and tomato soup to make this super easy weeknight meal.
6. Melt-In-Your-Mouth Slow Cooked Swiss Steak (shown above, right) – Fall is the perfect time to break out your slow cooker. Nothing says autumn like coming home to a meal that has cooked all day. Everyone will love this flavorful and tender Swiss steak.
7. Copycat Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup (shown above, left) – Curl up with a bowl of this copycat soup for a super comforting meal. The best thing about this recipe is that you can enjoy a restaurant-quality meal without venturing out into the brisk autumn weather.
8. Autumn Harvest Casserole (shown above, center) – This easy casserole recipe includes all of the classic autumn flavors. Ground turkey, sweet potatoes, and wild rice combine to make a filling and comforting fall casserole.
9. Butter Cream Chicken (shown above, right) – This might be the only chicken recipe you will ever need. The combination of crispy chicken and creamy gravy is perfection. Everyone will want second helpings of this comforting chicken dish.
10. The Best 21 Casseroles for Fall– Fall is the perfect time to make a whole slew of casseroles. This collection of 21 Best Casseroles for Fall will inspire you to make tasty meals all autumn long.
11. Best-Ever Beef Pot Roast – It’s easier than you might think to make an amazing pot roast, especially if you use your slow cooker. The secret to making the best-ever pot roast is using ranch and Italian seasoning packets.
What is your favorite fall dish?
- Thrift Store Recipes and Projects + Fall Favorites - October 12, 2020
- Low-Cost Crafts for Your Kitchen - October 6, 2020
- Straight from the Test Kitchen: Easy Hasselback Potatoes - April 28, 2020