Christmas can be an expensive time of year. Not only do you have to worry about buying presents for the loved ones in your life, but you’ve got to get decorations and buy food for breakfast and dinner. If you’re on a tight budget, finding the balance between saving money and celebrating the joys of the season can be difficult to achieve.
That’s why we’re looking to save money where we can, and we’ve got just the solution for Christmas morning: eggs. At under $5 for a dozen, you can easily feed a family of four without breaking the bank. We’ve found a few of our favorite egg recipes to add a special touch to the season. Who says you have to skimp in order to make the most of the holiday season?!
Cheap Recipes for Christmas Morning
1. Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bake – This hearty Christmas morning casserole is large enough to feed the entire family—and have enough leftover for seconds!
2. Coffee Cup Scramble – Grab your favorite Christmas mugs and sit around the tree with breakfast in hand. They’re great if you’re in for a busy day ’cause they only take a minute to throw together.
3. Easy Egg and Cheese Souffle – Doesn’t making a souffle sound impressive? You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to cook up something so fancy. Plus, as a bonus, it’s easy on your wallet!
4. Christmas Morning Strata – If you’re willing to splurge a bit more, this egg and sausage bake is the perfect meal for Christmas morning. We especially love it ’cause it cooks up in your slow cooker, so you can smell it as it’s baking!
5. Egg and Cheese Wrap – Grab those tortillas you’ve got in the pantry, and it’s an easy way to fancy up some regular ol’ eggs.
6. Rise ‘n’ Shine Omelet Cups – These cute muffin tin eggs are a great recipe to make for the kids since they’ll love how bite-sized they are.
What are you planning to eat on Christmas morning? Let us know in the comments below.