Summer is officially in full swing! From lazy days at the beach to peaceful nights on the front porch, there’s something magical in the air every time summer rolls around. The only thing, in fact, that can make a summer day even better is an unforgettable dessert! And with the Fourth of July just around the corner, we’ve got a few all-American pie recipes that’ll get you excited to celebrate this summer… without breaking the bank.
Desserts don’t need to have a ton of ingredients to taste gourmet. In fact, we’ve got a collection of easy pie recipes that you can make with five ingredients or less. We’re saving money and making baking easier than ever! Plus, if you’re looking for even more cheap ‘n’ easy dessert ideas, the Mr. Food Test Kitchen has a brand new eCookbook, “Easy as Pie” Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More, with a wide selection of pie recipes that’ll keep you in the kitchen all summer long.
1. Triple Chocolate Cream Pie: Oreo fans will love this no-bake pie recipe. With a chocolate crust, chocolate filling, and chocolate topping, how could you go wrong?!
2. Fresh Apricot Pie: Celebrate the fruits of the season with a delicious, 5-ingredient pie recipe that will remind you of Grandma’s fresh-baked specialties.
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie: Is there a dessert combination more beloved than chocolate and peanut butter? If you’re cravin’ a bite of your favorite candy bar this summer, then this creamy pie is the way to go!
4. Black & White Cream Pie: Listen up, white chocolate fans! It’s a white tie affair with this double chocolate dessert, and we certainly aren’t complaining.
5. Lemon Pie? Oh My!: Nothing quite says, “summer” like a sunny citrus dessert. Our light lemon pie recipe will perk up even the gloomiest of days!
6. Traditional Boston Cream Pie: You don’t need to take a trip out to the east coast to get a slice of this Boston classic. You can make it right at home–with less than five ingredients, in fact.
7. Frozen Turtle Pie: Cool off from the scorching heat with a frozen dessert recipe the whole family will love. How could they not when it’s drizzled in caramel sauce?!
8. Chocolate Garden Pie: The kids will especially love this no-bake pie. It’s a great way to get them to help out in the kitchen—especially when you get this decadent chocolate pie as a reward for your hard work!
9. Decadent Mud Pie: Get ready to get down ‘n’ dirty with a rich chocolate pie recipe that’s your ticket to hot fudge heaven!
It’s easier than ever to make sure you’re all set for the Fourth of July. You don’t have to arrive at your celebration empty-handed when you’ve got inexpensive desserts like these at your disposal!
Plus, if you’re looking for more great all-American recipes to help you celebrate the 4th of July or Labor Day, be sure to check out our complete 24-recipe guide here!
Tell us—what’s your favorite dish to make for the Fourth of July? Let us know in the comments below!
- 5 Cheap Thanksgiving Side Dishes - November 5, 2019
- 5 Cheap Thanksgiving Side Dishes - November 5, 2018
- “Puddin'” Up with the Holidays: 20 Easy Pudding Recipes for Christmas - December 4, 2014