One of the most economical crochet projects is the crochet granny square. I love 17 Gorgeous Crochet Granny Square Patterns because like many, I am a confessed granny addict. These crochet granny square patterns are great because they give you a ton of freedom with your projects.
When you don’t have a lot of yarn, or simply want to get rid of some scrap yarn, a crochet granny square is the best choice! They’re small, quick to make, and don’t use up a lot of yarn. Plus, once you build up your collection, you can make a unique granny square blanket. One of my favorite things to do is combine different crochet granny square patterns that I’ve accumulated over the years and make them into an afghan. I think this makes one of the best creative gifts ever!
Take a look at some of these simple crochet granny square patterns. Whether you’re looking for a crazy stashbuster or just a one-color design, you’re sure to find something here.
Crochet Granny Square Patterns: The Granny Square Blanket
A granny square blanket is my personal favorite choice for a stashbuster project. You can work as you go and incorporate the colors you already have.
- Stash Buster Star Burst Square Blanket
- The Amazing Technicolor Crochet Afghan
- Do It Your Way Afghan
- The One Color Wonder
- Rainbow Mix Granny Square Blanket
- Granny’s Attic
- Extraordinary Blanket
Crochet Granny Square Patterns
These crochet granny square patterns are gorgeous and easy to make. I love grannies because you only have to make as many as you want. Try out a mix of different patterns and see where they take you! The options are endless.
- Stashbuster Log Granny
- Dream Catcher Squares
- Scrap Yarn Sunflower
- Solid Wattle Stitch Granny
- Easy Victorian V Stitch Square
- Granny Heart Pattern
- Color Block Granny Square Pattern
- 3D Diamond Pinwheel Square
Bonus! How to Projects
Not familiar with the crochet granny square process? Check out these free tutorials:
What’s your favorite crochet “stashbuster” project?
- 11 Stashbusting Crochet Afghan Patterns to Make Room for New Yarn - December 23, 2017
- Free Red Heart Crochet Afghan Pattern: Rainbow Blanket - March 7, 2016
- 10 Cozy Crochet Afghan Patterns for October - October 12, 2015