We all like falling back on budget-friendly classics when we’re lookin’ to save a few bucks. Everyone has a different staple, but one of our all-time favorites has to be pasta. There are just so many different ways to dress it up, so you’re never eating the same thing twice! Today, we’re gonna spotlight a kind of pasta that doesn’t get nearly enough love: spaghetti. It’s easy enough to throw some into a pot of boiling water and calling it a night, but we’ve got a few ideas on how you can reinvent this dinner classic.
1. Pepperoni Spaghetti Pie — If you’re not a pepperoni fan, no worries! You can put whatever toppings you’d like on it, so the whole family will be happy.
2. Spaghetti Sundae — The kids will go nuts for this one. Changing up a serving dish is such an easy, inexpensive way to see a dinner staple in a whole new light.
3. Baked Tuscan Spaghetti Casserole — It sure is cheaper to make a delicious, homemade dinner like this than taking a trip to northern Italy! Plus, it’s easy to bring a dish like this along to a large family gathering.
4. Pork Lo Mein — Why should you order take-out when you can make your favorites right at home? We like to put out both chopsticks and forks when setting the table for this one… so you’ll have plenty of options!
5. Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs & Spaghetti — Cheese, meatballs, and spaghetti… Is there anything we don’t love about this combination? It’s a guaranteed home run!
6. Baked Spaghetti — We bet you’ve had spaghetti cooked on the stovetop before, but have you ever tried baking it? Trust us—you’ll love this cooking method just as much.
7. Pasta Rustica — The secret’s in the sauce. If you really wanna make a spaghetti dinner that’s as good as anything you’d find in Italy, then a homemade sauce, like the one found in this recipe, is just what you’ve been looking for.
8. Fresh Garden Pasta — If you’re feeling like using some fresh veggies from the garden, then we’ve got the perfect, light dinner recipe for you. Mix things up and add in your own favorites!
9. Layered Spaghetti Casserole — We can’t decide which of these layers we love the most! (Though we must say, the cheese is right up there.)
10. One Pot Mac and Cheese — Put away those elbow noodles! Our easy mac ‘n’ cheese recipe is sure to become one of your most requested dishes every night around dinnertime.
11. Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti — Turkey is our favorite ground beef substitute when we’re looking to eat a little lighter. It’s much leaner, yet it tastes just as yummy as the spaghetti and meatballs dish you’ve grown to love.
12. Mexican Spaghetti Casserole — We guarantee you’ve never had a spaghetti dinner like this before. The unexpected spicy mix of flavors will surely be a welcome addition to your dinner menu.
Now all you’ve got to decide is which recipe you ought to make first! What’s your favorite type of pasta to cook with? Let us know in the comments below!
- 5 Cheap Thanksgiving Side Dishes - November 5, 2018
- “Puddin'” Up with the Holidays: 20 Easy Pudding Recipes for Christmas - December 4, 2014
- 5 Cheap Thanksgiving Side Dishes - November 21, 2014