I love making quick and easy decorations for the holidays and Valentine’s Day is no exception. This cute DIY Rustic Valentine’s Day Garland is a quick and easy craft project that will add some homey romance to your home for this holiday.
I recently got a set of Ranger Mica Sprays in pearlescent white, gold and blue and thought I’d try them out on some heart shaped paper doilies to use as a quick and easy banner.
Heart shaped paper doilies are readily available this time of year and make a great “canvas” to try out new drawing and painting techniques as they have a bit of texture. Best of all, these paper crafts are super budget-friendly.
DIY Rustic Valentine’s Day Garland
- Paper doily hearts
- Spray glitter paint
- Mini clothepins
- Twine, ribbon or cord
- I placed the paper doily on a teflon sheet background so that if the mica spray soaked through as I figured it would, the doily wouldn’t stick to the background surface when it dried.
- Attach doilies to twine with mini clothespins.
- Hang on your mantle or where-ever you’re inspired to decorate.
The gold mica spray really pops! The white added a nice pearlescent finish to the white paper.
The blue was really pretty as well, a kind of antique look. I plan on trying out more paints and techniques on the paper doilies in other colors so I’ll have collage of colored hearts banner.
More Valentine’s Day Garlands:
- Fabric Heart Valentine’s Day Garland
- Valentine Snowflake Garland from Coffee Filters
- Be My Valentine Garland