Aunt Bee’s Dump and Bake Beef Stew is an easy comfort food dump dinner that you can throw together in just minutes. Full of nutritious and hearty ingredients, it’s a great way to get a meal on the table when you don’t have time to cook!
Hi, friends! I’m so glad to be stopping by again from The Seasoned Mom to share another special recipe with you!
We all have meals that just remind us of home, right? One of my mom’s go-to dinners on cool evenings was always Beef Stew. It was a one-pot supper that she knew we would all devour.
And guess what? Now that I’m an adult, I find that I’m doing the same thing: throwing together a classic and wholesome dinner that my boys love. I know that the meat, potatoes, and veggies will keep everyone full, nourished, and happy. And the best part? There’s virtually no effort required on my part!
When I say “dump and bake,” I really mean it…
You just combine the raw ingredients in a dish, cover, and bake for a few hours. You don’t have to stir it, think about it, or worry about it until dinner’s ready to serve. Voila!
Retro classics like this Beef Stew stand the test of time for a reason: because they’re delicious! And when my great Aunt Bee sent me her long-loved recipe for the dish, I instantly knew that it would become a regular in our family’s dinner rotation as well. How could it not?! It’s just SO EASY!
Aunt Bee’s Dump and Go Beef Stew Recipe
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 5 hours
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cubed (I take a short-cut and purchase the pre-cubed lean beef stew meat for pot roasts)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 (8 oz.) container sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup + ½ can water
- 1 large russet potato, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
1. Stir together all ingredients in a large casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid (or use aluminum foil to cover a casserole dish tightly).
2. Bake at 275 degrees F for approximately 5 hours.
What’s your favorite vintage recipe?
- Dump Dinner: Aunt Bee’s Dump and Go Beef Stew Recipe - August 27, 2019
- Dump Dinner: Aunt Bee’s Dump and Go Beef Stew Recipe - August 26, 2015