As the summer heat settles in, it gets harder and harder to motivate myself to cook dinner. I just hate standing over a hot stove when it’s oppressively hot outside. Instead of breaking a sweat over my food, I try to make no-cook recipes whenever possible. I encourage you to step away from the stove as well and whip up some of our favorite no-cook recipes. These recipes are easy to make and they are perfect for lazy summer days when cooking is the last thing you want to do.
To make sure that you never miss another budget project or recipe, click here to find out how you can sign up for our free Cheap Eats and Thrifty Crafts newsletter. With just a few clicks, you can have projects and recipes like these delivered to your inbox every week!
Easy, No-Cook Recipes
1. Southern Fried Chicken Salad – There’s not a lot you can do with leftover fried chicken, but this salad is definitely a great option. If you love getting salads with crunchy fried chicken at restaurants, be sure to try making your own at home for a fraction of the cost!
2. “Loaded” Broccoli Salad (pictured above, left) – This “Loaded” Broccoli Salad has everything in it but the kitchen sink. Every bite is full of bacon, craisins, peas, sunflower seeds, and more.
3. Birthday Icebox Cake (pictured above, right) – One of our editors whipped up this icebox cake in our test kitchen and you had better believe it got eaten in record time. This simple icebox cake is made from Golden Oreos, whipped topping, and sprinkles. Who could say no to that?
4. Dorito Salad – This recipe really stretches the definition of salad, but we love it anyway. This “salad” is made by combining lettuce, beans, cheese, Doritos, and corn.
5. Southern Ambrosia (pictured above, left) – For a simple no-bake summer dessert, try this recipe for Southern Ambrosia. No one will be able to resist the light and decadent mixture of Greek yogurt and heavy whipping cream.
6. The Easiest 7-Layer Salad…EVER – Layer salads are a great summer staple, and this layered salad recipe is one of the easiest out there. Make this layer salad and eat it for days or bring it to a party to feed a crowd.
7. Sunshine Chicken Salad (pictured above, right) – With a name like “sunshine”, you know this recipe has got to be perfect for summer. Leftover chicken is combined with mayo, yogurt, grapes, and pineapple for a bright and refreshing chicken salad.
8. Make-Ahead Tortilla Roll-Ups – These tasty tortilla roll-ups are great for a quick lunch, dinner, or snack. You can even make these roll-ups as an appetizer for a party or potluck. Best of all, you can fill the tortillas with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
What is your favorite “no-cook” recipe?
- Thrift Store Recipes and Projects + Fall Favorites - October 12, 2020
- Low-Cost Crafts for Your Kitchen - October 6, 2020
- Straight from the Test Kitchen: Easy Hasselback Potatoes - April 28, 2020