Desserts are supposed to make us feel better – just a little pick-me-up. When you’re in need of a day-brightening sweet escape, you want an easy dessert recipe. Not only that, but you want to cut any corners between you and biting into something heavenly. We’re all about the shortcuts when it comes to desserts.
Shortcut dessert recipes can save you some money, too. It’s more expensive to completely make a dessert from scratch, while a cake mix recipe will do the trick. Substitute shortcut ingredients where you can and you’ll probably spend half as much on a recipe. It’ll taste almost the same as ‘from scratch,’ too.
Part of the fun of easy dessert recipes is the stress relief that comes from baking. With shortcuts, baking is more fun! There’s less to clean up afterward, and you’ll get to your reward (tasty baked goods) even faster. Seems like a win-win! Here’s another secret: no one will be able to tell that you used shortcuts. They’ll still be grateful that you shared some sweet desserts with them.
Cake mix recipes are the best, in my opinion. They take the guesswork out and it’s really fun to just mix it up and add ingredients to make it special, or find a new way to decorate. Plus, it’s only a few bucks for a box of cake mix. They’re easy to make in large batches, too.
We gathered our favorite fall shortcut dessert recipes so you can trick n’ treat for cheap!
10 Shortcut Dessert Recipes for Fall: Cake Mix Recipes and More
- Shortcut Caramel Apple Crumble Bars
- Shortcut Blackberry Cobbler
- Shortcut Southern Apple Pie
- Shortcut Bisquick Apple Cobbler
- Shortcut Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- Lazy Day Cake Mix Apple Cobbler
- Magnificent Pumpkin Magic Cake
- Just Like Mom’s Apple Dump Cake
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Pie Cake
- Comforting Caramel Apple Dump Cake
What’s your favorite fall dessert?
- 16 Breakfast Dessert Recipes Because You’re A Princess - February 10, 2022
- Last Minute Dessert Recipes for Weeknight Cravings - January 23, 2022
- Single-Cup Dessert Recipes for Your Lonely Hearts Club - January 19, 2022