Think fast: What’s the easiest, most budget-friendly meal that you could ever make? A casserole of course! The best easy casserole recipes are the cheapest casserole recipes. Seriously though. Why do you need a ton of ingredients if you can make something super delicious with only a handful of items?
I don’t know about you, but when I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is prepare a complicated meal. I don’t want to have to cook meat, boil pasta, and make a salad all at the same time. Would I like someone to do that for me? Of course! Would I enjoy a meal like that? You bet! But do I want to make something like that after a long day? No way.
That’s why casseroles are always my go-to weeknight dinner. I can take any meat that I need out of the freezer in the morning and then come home, just throw everything together, and toss the dish in the oven. Done. I can even change into my sweats and get all comfy while the casserole is in the oven. Now that sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. I’ll take easy casserole recipes over fancy dinner recipes any day of the week (but especially weekdays).
Balancing your checkbook and coming up with a budget is hard. These budget-friendly and stupidly easy casserole recipes are not. Though they may be gluten-free casseroles, they’re 100% delicious. In fact, they’re all honestly just regular casseroles that happen to be gluten free (in the same way that an avocado is a normal food that just happens to be gluten free).
(Just try them. Your family won’t even be able to tell that they’re gluten-free casserole recipes. Honestly.)
2. Cheesy John Wayne Casserole
3. Cheesy Chips and Chili Casserole – My personal fave!
4. Honey Mustard Chicken Casserole
5. Easy Peasy Cheeseburger Casserole
6. Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – The perfect freezer meal!
7. Cheesy Taco Casserole
8. Copycat Cracker Barrel Copycat Hashbrown Casserole
9. Impossibly Easy Breakfast Bake – Breakfast for dinner!
What’s your favorite weeknight dinner recipe?
- Take it to Go! 4 Muffin Tin Recipes + 3 Dessert Bites - February 10, 2018
- The Best Ways to Put Your Thanksgiving Leftovers to Good Use - November 25, 2017
- Easy Recipes That Will Make You Say “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Pizza!” - February 13, 2015