Decorating for fall is extremely exciting. The colors and themes of autumn are so cozy – it really makes you appreciate the warmth of home. There’s nothing like cuddling up on your couch under a beautiful fall crochet afghan, with candles flickering around your homemade centerpiece, the light reflecting off the cute fall decorations on your mantel… you get the idea. It’s a romantic time of year that pairs perfectly with DIY fall decor.
Crochet decor looks great with fall styles. It’s that homemade, comfortable look that makes you feel all warm and cozy. From crochet pumpkins to crochet autumn leaves, there are plenty of ways to bring the spirit of the season to your home. Best of all, it’s a great excuse to pick up some new yarn in gorgeous fall hues like red, orange, yellow, burgundy and purple.
While it’s exciting to see all the fall decorations in stores, they can be mighty expensive. Instead of splurging on decorations that’ll only be boxed away in a couple months, why not try your hand at some budget-friendly DIY alternatives?
We gathered our favorite free crochet patterns for decorating your home in the most stylish trends of autumn. P.S. If you like to knit, be sure to check out our Fall DIY Home Decor Ideas to Knit.
13 Free Crochet Patterns for Budget-Friendly DIY Fall Decor
- Maple Leaf Fall Crochet Decor
- Autumn Vine Crochet Pumpkin
- Crochet Autumn Leaves
- Easy Peasy Pumpkins
- Pumpkin Crochet Coasters – Here’s another variation on Fall Pumpkin Coasters
- Pumpkin Pie Crochet Tissue Cozy – So creative!
- Harvest Colors Crochet Votive Holder
- Small and Large Pumpkin Boxes
- Bright Falling Leaves Afghan – a Red Heart pattern!
- Fall-Inspired Baby Blanket
Which do you like better for DIY fall decor: pumpkins or leaves?
- Crochet Christmas Decorations: 5 Crochet Christmas Tree Skirts - December 17, 2020
- 8 Budget-Friendly Meals Mom Made When She Didn’t Want to Cook - September 11, 2020
- 28 Cozy Craft Ideas for Fall - September 7, 2020