When a recipe has been passed down for generations, you can bet that it’s trustworthy. Old-fashioned recipes are time-tested and Grandma-approved. Best of all, they usually remind you of your childhood – when Grandma would actually make them for you!
The recipe that makes me most nostalgic is probably my family’s beef stew and biscuits – the ultimate comfort food. The soggy, sweet biscuits soaked in the beef stew was so addicting, I definitely went back for seconds. It’s such a simple, vintage recipe but I remember it so well! What recipe comes to mind when you think about your family dinners growing up?
Grandmas always seem to have a collection of recipe cards that are just the best. While we love our cookbooks and our digital copies, you know those stained recipe cards got it right!
Here’s our collection of old-fashioned recipes from RecipeLion.com that are absolutely timeless. They’re just as tasty today as they were ages ago!
Grandma’s Favorites: 11 Old-Fashioned Recipes
- Grandma’s Secret Meatball Recipe
- Grandma’s Magic Cake
- Grandma’s Zucchini Squares
- Grandma’s 5-Star Cabbage Rolls
- Grandma’s Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- Grandma’s Party Pleasing Jello Mold
- Grandma’s World Famous Dinner Rolls
- Grandma’s Famous Sugar Cookie Bars
- Grandma’s Wisconsin German Potato Salad
- Grandma’s Famous Stuffing
- Grandma’s Lazy Daisy Cake
Craving MORE Nostalgic Recipes?
Critics are raving about cookbook author and Cutthroat Kitchen star Addie Gundry’s new cookbook Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s!
“It takes a genuine senior citizen to recall popular foods from the 1950s and ’60s. But baby boomers’ offspring no doubt will have relished many of the recipes Gundry has collected…Most recipes are a breeze to concoct from pantry staples, but even Gundry’s simplified beef Wellington has its place for celebratory dinners.” —Mark Knoblauch, Booklist
“This collection of popular recipes from the 1950s and ’60s contains what you might expect to find in a cookbook from the time or written on weathered index cards in grandma’s recipe box…Gundry has made it easy for theme-party planners to find the necessary recipes all in one place.” —Publishers Weekly
From 1950’s casseroles and elegant hors d’oevres to more modern, adventurous dishes, this collection of vintage recipes is sure to inspire any home cook. Available NOW on Amazon and at Barnes and Noble!
What recipe is your Grandma famous for?
- 10 Summer-Style Mason Jar Recipes - June 8, 2019
- How to Cook Ground Beef: 17 Best Ground Beef Recipes - March 8, 2019
- 10 Toasty Classic Soup Recipes for Your Freezing Office - January 9, 2019