The toughest part of committing to a new, healthy lifestyle is giving up the things you loved before — like all your favorite desserts. Unfortunately, if you’re trying to be healthy, that’s probably the first thing you’ll cut. However, it can be a mistake to try and go cold turkey on desserts. Desserts give you a little energy boost and can even improve your mood, so cutting them out of your life isn’t totally beneficial. Instead, why not try some healthy dessert recipes?
I’m not going to tell you that healthy dessert recipes will taste just like your favorites that are loaded with sugar, cream and fat. However, healthy desserts can be delicious in their own way! After switching over, it won’t be long before you forget about your old favorites. (In fact, if you try an old favorite after a month without it, you might find that it’s way too rich and even makes your stomach hurt!)
The key to a tasty healthy dessert recipe is to get the sweetness you’re craving without all the calories and fat. You’ll be surprised at the creative ways you can incorporate healthy fruit and nuts into your desserts, loading them up with protein and energy-boosters!
Best of all, buying seasonal fruit and other fresh ingredients can be cheaper than loading up on ingredients for baked goods – so this lifestyle change can be budget-friendly as well! Just choose desserts with in-season ingredients.
Check out this list of easy dessert recipes from FaveHealthyRecipes.com to keep you on track for your healthy goals this year!
16 Healthy Dessert Recipes to Keep You On Track
- 3-Ingredient Fruit Cobbler
- Salted Caramel Vegan Cheesecake
- Guilt-Free Peanut Butter Fudge
- Paleo Pecan Pie Bites
- Microwave Carrot Cake
- Grandma’s German Apple Dessert
- Low-Carb Chocolate Brownies – Dreams do come true!
- Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
- The Best Banana Bread Bars
- 5-Ingredient Cheesecakes for Two
- Frozen Blackberry Cheesecake
- Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts with Vanilla Glaze
- Perfect Apple Crisp Pizza – Reminds me of the pizza desserts at Pizza Hut!
- Light Apple Cranberry Crumble
- Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
- No Bake Almond Joy Bites