Your grocery bill can get super expensive very quickly, especially if you don’t have a strict budget outlined ahead of time. We have brought you 7 fantastic recipes for homemade grocery store ingredients and products that will help you save your money at the store.
Making your own grocery store items at home is one of the best and easiest ways to empower your budget. You will rest easy knowing that you can make various staples in your own kitchen; no more dreading spending your entire paycheck at the store!
To make sure that you never miss another budget project or recipe, click here to find out how you can sign up for our free Cheap Eats and Thrifty Crafts newsletter. With just a few clicks, you can have projects and recipes like these delivered to your inbox every week!
7 Homemade Grocery Store Recipes
1. Homemade Nutella (shown above, left) – Buying chocolate-hazelnut spread from the store can get expensive very quickly. Save money on your grocery bill by making the spread from scratch.
2. Homemade Ranch Dressing – Skip the bottle and make your own-out-of-this-world ranch for salad, dips, and more.
3. DIY Funfetti Cake – Don’t waste your money on store-bought cake mix. Now you can make your own fun and colorful cake at home.
4. Fresh Lemon Curd (shown above, center) – Many baking recipes often call for lemon curd, but you might not have it on hand. Now you can make your own using only lemon, sugar, butter, and eggs. Plus, this recipe is freezer-friendly!
5. Better-Than-Frozen Fish Sticks (shown above, right) – Once you make your own fish sticks, you’ll never go back to buying a box of the frozen stuff.
6. Homemade Texas Toast Garlic Bread – Make Italian night at your house special by serving Homemade Texas Toast Garlic Bread.
7. 3-Ingredient Fruit Snacks – If you only want your kids to eat the best but don’t want to pay a fortune for all-natural snacks, then this recipe for 3-Ingredient Fruit Snacks is perfect for you.