Do you love the shabby-chic look? With so many people opting to get married in a barn these days, the down-home country look is definitely in. The fabric of choice for a rustic theme is burlap, burlap, and burlap. The whole country wedding trend has created an explosion of mason jar crafts, outdoor lighting ideas and burlap craft ideas. One of our favorites is burlap flowers. They make such a wonderful addition to any rustic centerpiece or burlap wreath.
We’re perfectly happy with this trend, because at roughly $3 per yard, burlap is super cheap! It’s a tough, versatile material that makes anything look a little more homey. It also conjures up childhood memories if you ever did a sack race. 🙂 Stock up on this awesomely textured fabric and use it for all kinds of craft projects.
Whatever burlap craft idea you have in mind, it’s useful to learn how to make burlap flowers for cute embellishments. They make for a super chic summer style when you’re decorating your home. Burlap decor has a rustic, vintage look that’s very popular right now. Check out our top picks for burlap flowers and other burlap craft ideas.
How to Make Burlap Flowers and Other Burlap Craft Ideas
How to Make Burlap Flowers
- Burlap by the yard
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Pearl stickers (or pearl finish buttons)
- Optional – 18 gauge stem wire or wooden skewers (for flower stems)
More Burlap Flowers
- Triple Burlap Bouquet Centerpiece
- Blooming Burlap Flowers
- Burlap Purse with Rose
- Vintage Burlap Fringed Flower
- How to Make a Burlap Flower Bouquet by SugasaBugBaby
- Burlap Rose Tutorial by The Mama’s Girls
Other Burlap Craft Ideas
- Cute Burlap Owl
- Rustic Burlap DIY Hanging Planter
- Burlap Flower Headband Tutorial by Our Homemade Life
- The Country Chic Cottage’s Entire Collection of Burlap Crafts