Why do store-bought extracts taste so different, when they’re supposed to be as basic as it gets? We think it comes down to freshness and where the ingredients were sourced. The fact is, fresh ingredients usually taste better.
That’s why vanilla extract recipes are so useful. If you’ve never made your own extract before and find it daunting, we’ve got news for you. It’s so easy, and you can make your extracts in large batches so that you won’t have to make or buy any for a long time. Doesn’t that sound great? Here’s the kicker: it will save you LOTS of money, too. Store extracts are so expensive compared to fresh ingredients.
Recently, we made a video to show you the easy process of How to Make Homemade Vanilla. Check it out!
To learn other methods of making vanilla, plus lots of other common extracts like lemon, mint and orange, check out our full list of extract recipes.
How to Make Homemade Vanilla + Other Extracts
- Arlene’s Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Make Your Own Vanilla Extract
- Homemade Bakers’ Coconut
- Homemade Orange Extract
- Easy Hazelnut Extract
- How to Make Mint Extract
- Make Your Own Extracts – A collection!
Plus, check out these easy recipes to make with cool whip!
Have you made homemade extracts before? Share your tips or experiences.
- 10 Toasty Classic Soup Recipes for Your Freezing Office - January 6, 2021
- Banana Split Lasagna and Friends: 6 Easy Dessert Lasagna Recipes - December 11, 2020
- Pilgrim Approved: 7 Budget-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes - November 18, 2020