Do you prefer to knit from the top-down or the bottom-up? While knitting from the bottom might be easier for some knitting patterns, if you’re making a top, it’s definitely better to work from the top down. That way, you can sort of try the shirt on as you go to make sure the fit is right, and you don’t have to worry about accidentally making it too short—if it looks a little small, you can just modify the pattern and make it longer right away!
These 15 knit top patterns are all knit from the top down, meaning you end up with the top you want every time. These tops and cardigans are great for layering, so you can keep wearing them all year round! By adding little embellishments—like pretty buttons or pairing them with bright accessories—you’ll have a new spring wardrobe that looks like it’s hot off the shelves when, really, it’s hot off the needles!
- Streamlined Striped Sweater – The stripes in this knit sweater pattern are flattering and fun!
- Summer Stars Top – This short-sleeved knit top is great for spring and summer.
- Summer Night Cowl Sweater – An elegant sweater that’s essential for a night out.
- Cranberry Lace Cardigan – This gorgeous cardigan would spice up any outfit.
- Magical Top Down Cardigan – The magical part is how easy it is to knit this sweater.
- Top Down Spring Sweater – An easy sweater pattern that’s perfect for layering.
- Falling Stars Sweater – This knit sweater’s unique design is sure to be an eye-catcher.
- Mad Men Joanie Sweater – If you love that vintage vibe, you need to knit this sweater!
- Bluebell Beauty Top – This top features a basketweave pattern for a funky look!
- Summer Breeze Ribbed Sweater – The perfect warm-weather sweater!
- Stormy Seas Sweater – A v-neck sweater with serious style.
- Rhapsody in Blue Sweater – The open stitches in this sweater make it perfect for chilly spring and summer nights!
- Celtic Braid Sweater – Get that cabled look without the stress!
- Top-Down Cardi – An easy knit cardigan pattern that’s perfect for anyone.
- Butterfly Lace Top – An elegant sweater with open sleeves like a butterfly’s wings.
Do you prefer long-sleeved or short-sleeved sweaters?