The summer heat can weigh you down and make you feel too lazy to accomplish anything. When that happens, whip up a lazy summer meal that doesn’t require a lot work! Below you will find our favorite lazy summer recipes.
To make sure that you never miss another budget project or recipe, click here to find out how you can sign up for our free Cheap Eats and Thrifty Crafts newsletter. With just a few clicks, you can have projects and recipes like these delivered to your inbox every week!
1. Texas Peach & Pecan Tart – You won’t believe how easy it is to make this Texas Peach & Pecan Tart. Fresh slices of peach are tossed with cinnamon and sugar before getting layered on frozen puff pastry sheets. Serve a slice of this tart with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
3. Lazy Summer Pasta – This recipe is as simple as boiling water. All you need to do is combine cooked pasta with cheese, vegetables, and other simple ingredients. Give it a stir and it will be good to go.
4. Summer’s Best Icebox Cake – For a hot weather delight, make this recipe for Summer’s Best Icebox Cake. Your friends and family will thank you for serving this fantastic icebox cake at parties and potlucks this summer.
5. Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag – You can make ice cream at home even without an ice cream maker! You can shake up any flavor of ice cream in a plastic bag using these easy-to-follow instructions.
6. No-Fork BBQ-D Pork – It only takes 2 ingredients to make this simple for No-Fork BBQ-D Pork. Prepared pulled pork is folded up in refrigerated pie crust for a fun and unexpected treat. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover pulled pork.
7. Betty’s Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake – When you find yourself itching to bake on a hot summer day, step away from the oven and turn on the slow cooker instead. You can “bake” a delicious pineapple upside down cake without heating up the house with this recipe for Betty’s Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
What’s your favorite meal to make when it’s hot outside?