Remember when mom would slip a note into your lunchbox to make you smile? You can keep the tradition alive – and take it up a notch – by packing super cute lunches for the kiddos. Just take a tip from some of the genius people on Pinterest.
There are four main things you want to keep in mind when packing a school lunch:
- Will this taste good after it’s been in a cubbie or locker for a few hours?
- Is this healthy?
- Is my kid going to be excited to eat this?
- Is it budget-friendly?
Once you’ve got the basics covered, it’s nice to have a little fun making your kid’s school lunches. After all, a person (no matter how small) can only eat so many PB&Js. Change things up with a twist on an old favorite, or sneak some veggies into the mix. Presentation can go a long way in making school lunches more fun, too. Just take these adorable Sandwich Faces, for instance.
We gathered our favorite school lunch ideas so that you can find quick and easy ways to make your home-packed lunches more appealing than whatever the lunch lady is serving. Surprise your kids with some of these cute, thoughtful school lunch ideas!
Cute Budget-Friendly Ways to Pack School Lunches
- Ham & Mac ‘n Cheese Lunchbox Muffins from I Should Be Mopping The Floor
- Banana Dogs from The Domestic Mama & The Village Cook
What’s your go-to school lunch?
- Garden Vegetable Recipes: Zucchini Recipes and More - July 4, 2020
- Sneaky Low Carb Recipes That Don’t Even Taste Low Carb - June 24, 2020
- Low-Cal Cheese Sticks Recipe: 2 Ways - January 18, 2020