Recycled crafts are the perfect win-win idea this summer. You can de-clutter your home and create amazing recycled art projects all at once. Brighten your home with cute kids crafts that remind you not to take life too seriously. Plus, making recycled crafts is a great way to spend time with the family and pass an environmentally-friendly attitude on to your children.
You might be thinking that recycled crafts is code for “painting an egg carton” or something like that, but there’s a surprising variety in bright, summery projects that can add a pop of whimsy to your home. From mason jar crafts to soup can crafts to plastic bottle crafts to recycled paper crafts, you can cut down on waste in this easy way.
Why spend a lot of money on craft supplies when your kitchen is chock-full of materials that would probably just end up in a landfill? Recycled crafts are a thrifty way to pay it forward. Get creative with the odds and ends around your home and turn trash into treasure!
Nowadays, a lot of kids are learning how to be environmentally-friendly in school, so this is also a great way to continue education over the summer – except it’s totally fun! Shh, don’t tell the kids about your greater purpose. Just let them enjoy expressing themselves and learning organically.
Here’s our collection of summery recycled crafts from AllFreeKidsCrafts.com to brighten your summer days!
Look at the Bright Side: 12 Thrifty Recycled Crafts and Recycled Art Projects
- Water Bottle Fish Craft
- Rainbow Recycled Wind Chimes
- Unexpected Plastic Egg Fireflies
- Soda Bottle Owl Craft
- Kid-Made Turtle Egg Planters
- DIY Whimsical Wind Chimes
- Hanging Glass Butterfly Feeders
- Craft Green: 50 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Butterfly Wall Hang
- Milk Jug Fairy House
Have you made a recycled craft before? What material did you use?
- Last-Minute Halloween Crafts: Mason Jar Crafts and More - October 28, 2019
- Unexpected Materials: Top 10 Crafts - August 9, 2019
- BFFS: 10 Friendship Bracelet Patterns to Make - June 27, 2019