Yarn can be expensive! At certain times, as much as I’d like to indulge and buy skein upon skein, it’s just not possible. But just because you can’t buy a million skeins of yarn, doesn’t mean that you can’t make beautiful crochet pieces. In fact, sometimes less can actually be more. These patterns prove just that. Using two skeins or less, these crochet patterns are not only budget friendly, but gorgeous as well.
Looking for a neat way to wrap up a bottle of wine as a present? Check out the Single Skein Wine Bottle Cover. Need a new scarf? Check out this Single Skein Spring Cowl, it’s the perfect accessory for the warmer months ahead. There are plenty of ways to crochet an array of patterns with two skeins or less.
Make These with 2 Skeins or Less
From produce bags to carry your groceries to hair accessories, there are plenty of wonderful crochet patterns that use 2 skeins or less. There are even crochet afghan patterns out there that use less than 2 skeins. Check out some of my favorites below:
- Crochet One Skein Throw
- Mini Crochet Gift Bag
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern
- Beginner’s One Hour Cowl
- Single Skein Market Bag
- Arcade Stitch Baby Blanket
- Crocheted Produce Bag
- Scalloped Crochet Doilies
- Asymmetry Scarf Using One Skein
- Single Skein Crochet Shrug
- Single Skein Grapevine Cowl
- Pop Star Slouch Hat
- Light Lace Throw
- Natalie’s Afghan
- Single One Skein Headband
Patterns for Baby!
We can’t forget about baby (after all, it is baby season). Check out some of these beautiful patterns for the special new delivery in your life.
- Granny Loves Ripple Crochet Baby Blanket
- One Skein Baby Bib
- Morning Light Baby Blanket
- One Skein Baby Blanket
- Accidental Stitch Baby Blanket
- Marshmallow Baby Blanket
- One Ball Baby Blanket and Hat
- Powder Blue Baby Blanket
- Laguna Blue Baby Blanket
- Angelic Baby Blanket
What kind of crochet patterns do you like making?
- Easy Rainbow Blanket Pattern from Red Heart - February 1, 2019
- 11 Stashbusting Crochet Afghan Patterns to Make Room for New Yarn - December 23, 2017
- Free Red Heart Crochet Afghan Pattern: Rainbow Blanket - March 7, 2016