We here at Cheap Eats and Thrifty Crafts are crazy for mason jars! They’re affordable and we always have them on hand to make fun crafts and recipes. Below you will find our favorite mason jar recipes. We love that mason jars are safe to bake in, which means that we can enjoy edible and adorable treats. Mason jars are also the ideal way to transport miniature desserts or salads to a party, potluck, or picnic.
To make sure that you never miss another budget project or recipe, click here to find out how you can sign up for our free Cheap Eats and Thrifty Crafts newsletter. With just a few clicks, you can have projects and recipes like these delivered to your inbox every week!
1. Mason Jar Banana Pudding – Once you taste the homemade vanilla pudding in these Mason Jar Banana Puddings, you will never again use instant pudding mix.
2. Mason Jar Self-Buttering Biscuits (shown) – All you have to do to make these Mason Jar Self-Buttering Biscuits is to butter each jar before filling them with biscuit batter.
4. Mason Jar Poke Cakes – Everyone loves a good poke cake, and now you can enjoy a miniature version! After angel food cake has baked in the mason jars, sweetened condensed milk is poured over the top.
5. Miniature Cherry Pies – These miniature cherry pies are ahhhhh-mazing. These mason jar cherry pies would make a great dessert for the Fourth of July.
6. Mini Chocolate Pecan Cakes – This is one chocolate dessert that has really got it going on. Homemade chocolate cake is layered with sweet pecan praline and topped with vanilla ice cream.
7. Portable Pasta Salad (shown) – This portable pasta salad is perfect for picnics! Make a big batch of pasta salad, spoon it into individual jars, and enjoy it for lunch all week long.
8. Layered Salad in a Jar – This Layered Salad in a Jar makes for a great on-the-go lunch! The salad dressing sits at the bottom of the jar and then all of the fixings for a delicious BLT salad are piled on top.
What’s your favorite food to make in a mason jar?