Over the years, Thanksgiving spreads have become more and more decadent. There are so many main dishes, side dishes, and desserts that make the “perfect” Thanksgiving menu, and if you miss any of them, people will clutch their pearls. But you know what? Thanksgiving is really about your loved ones.
When we asked readers what makes the perfect Thanksgiving, this is what they had to say:
“My tip for a successful Thanksgiving is to set the table and to make whatever you can ahead of time. That way you get to enjoy your company and have a great time.” – Anonymous
“For a successful Thanksgiving, make sure you have as many family members together as possible. Then serve a simple dinner.” -Jim Riga
It’s not like I’ve personally known any pilgrims, but they lived so modestly that I’m sure they’d agree with our friend Jim there. You don’t need to spend a lot of money and have a zillion dishes to have a great, memorable Thanksgiving. That’s why we aren’t going to share the most gourmet recipes with expensive ingredients here.
Instead, we gathered our best budget-friendly Thanksgiving recipes so you can have a delicious feast in celebration of all the people you’re thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!
Pilgrim Approved: 7 Budget-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes
- Glazed Turkey
- Make-Ahead Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Amish Potato Rolls
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Mom’s Seven-Layer Salad
- Quick and Very Easy Fruit Salad
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Don’t forget the canned cranberry! 🙂
This might come in handy: 27 of Our Best Canned Pumpkin Recipes
What’s your tip for the perfect Thanksgiving meal?
- 10 Toasty Classic Soup Recipes for Your Freezing Office - January 9, 2019
- Banana Split Lasagna and Friends: 6 Easy Dessert Lasagna Recipes - December 12, 2018
- Pilgrim Approved: 7 Budget-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes - November 12, 2018