One of the easiest ways to save money is to make meals that only require a few flavorful ingredients. Below you will find some of our favorite recipes made with five ingredients or less. From side dishes to main dishes to dessert, you will find all sorts of awesome and budget-friendly recipes.
It’s great to have a few recipes made with five ingredients or less in your weeknight meal rotation because it’s easy to keep the ingredients on hand. Five-ingredient recipes are very forgiving, so if you don’t have one ingredient, you can easily substitute another.
To make sure that you never miss another budget project or recipe, click here to find out how you can sign up for our free Cheap Eats and Thrifty Crafts newsletter. With just a few clicks, you can have projects and recipes like these delivered to your inbox every week!
Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less
1. 4-Ingredient Frito Pie (shown above, left) – This printable recipe is full of Southern comfort. Very little prep work is involved in making this layered casserole, so you can essentially dump and go! Your kids will love this tasty casserole because it’s made with Fritos, refried beans, chili, and cheese. What’s not to love?
2. 2-Ingredient Mozzarella Sticks (shown above, center) – For a simple snack that is also healthy, try this recipe for 2-Ingredient Mozzarella Sticks. String cheese is tucked inside wonton wrappers and then baked for an easy take on mozzarella sticks. You can serve this cheesy treat with marinara sauce for the perfect afternoon snack.
3. The Honest Lazy Pie (shown above, right) – If you have half an hour to spare, then you have enough time to make this recipe for Honest Lazy Pie. When you’re short on ingredients and time, this is the perfect dessert to make. You can make this pie for dessert and then even enjoy it for breakfast the next morning.
4. Easy Biscuit Donuts – Making donuts at home might seem like a challenge, but all you need are a few store-bought ingredients. You can use canned biscuits to make these Easy Biscuit Donuts. Simply cut a hole in the center of each biscuit, fry them on either side, and then toss with cinnamon sugar. You and your family will love having a new tradition of making your own donuts on the weekends.
5. No-Bake Nutella Oatmeal Cookies – These sweet and delicious cookies combine oats with flavorful chocolate-hazelnut spread for a gooey and chewy cookie that can be made in practically no time at all.
6. Momma’s Macaroni and Cheese – This down-home recipe will comfort you and fill you up. All you need to make out-of-this-world mac and cheese is noodles, Cheddar cheese, milk, and butter.
More 5-Ingredients-Or-Less Recipes
What’s your favorite 5-ingredients-or-less recipe?
- Straight from the Test Kitchen: Easy Hasselback Potatoes - April 24, 2022
- Cheap Amish Recipes and Crafts - April 9, 2022
- The Best Easy Potato Recipe: Simple Salt-Baked Potatoes - April 3, 2022