If Strawberry and Blueberry were sisters, Strawberry would be the high school prom queen and Blueberry would be leader of her middle school poms team. You know Blueberry’s gonna do great things, even if she’s not quite as popular yet. Lucky for her, it’s blueberry season!
Buying in-season fruits and vegetables can save money. For one thing, they’re usually the cheapest they’ll be all year. For another thing, they’ll be fresh and delicious compared to out-of-season produce, because fresh fruits and veggies don’t have to travel as far. They usually come from local farms. If you love seasonal recipes, check out out guide to Foods That Taste Better in June.
If you’re at the store choosing blueberries, remember to check for mold or sticky, squished berries. Berries with stems attached weren’t fully grown before picking. Fresh blueberries have a slightly ‘frosted’ look.
Blueberries are wonderful for baking. In fact, they might be the best berry! Blueberry desserts can fit your budget. While these berries are sweet, they can also have a semi-sour flavor that reminds me of summer berries that grow around my neighborhood. Blueberries pair well with sweet desserts because the sweetness isn’t overwhelming, which is why blueberry muffin recipes are great. Try these Wild Blueberry Applespice Muffins for a twist on that breakfast favorite.
We gathered our favorite blueberry recipes that go beyond blueberry muffins so that you can go as blueberry crazy as Violet Beauregard.
Check out all the things you can do with blueberries – from slow cooker recipes to easy breakfast recipes!
Beyond Blueberry Muffins: 23 Seasonal Blueberry Recipes
Blueberry Breakfast Recipes
- Skinny Lemon Blueberry Donuts
- Mixed Berry Baskets
- Wild Blueberry Applespice Muffins
- Blueberry Boy Bait
- Blueberry Muffin Loaf
Blueberry Dessert Recipes
- Summer Blueberry Cream Pie
- Blueberry Yum Yum
- Blueberry Peach Crisp
- Blueberry Dump and Go Cake
- Blueberry Rhubarb Crumb Pie
- Blueberry Fluff Salad
- Retro Blueberry Jell-O Salad
- Slow Cooker Blueberry Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Blueberry Cobbler
Healthier Blueberry Recipes
- Healthier Blueberry Lemon Dessert Bars
- 3-Ingredient Blueberry Cobbler
- Blueberry Bake French Toast
- Healthier Blueberry Dump Cake
- Blueberry Banana Recovery Smoothie
Once you’ve baked (and no-baked) your way through the blueberry desserts and such above, take a look at these other sensational summer recipes!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy blueberries?
- 10 Toasty Classic Soup Recipes for Your Freezing Office - January 7, 2023
- Banana Split Lasagna and Friends: 6 Easy Dessert Lasagna Recipes - December 19, 2022
- Pilgrim Approved: 7 Budget-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes - November 11, 2022