Valentine’s Day is the one day in the year when we honor love. It is a day when we exchange small gifts, chocolates, flowers and cards to celebrate romance, and to reaffirm how much we appreciate the significant others in our lives.
This year, make a special card to show just how much you love your Cupid. The card features a mini adult coloring page. Adult coloring is all the rage these days, and what better way to follow the trend than with this card.
The instructions below will show you how to color the hearts so that it will seem as if they “pop” from the page. While you color, you will have ample time to count the many ways you love your Cupid, and to reflect on all the moments of joy and laughter you have shared as a couple. Once the coloring has been completed, add two turtle doves to the card. Turtle doves are associated with love and faithfulness, which fits right in with the theme.
printout of the provided mini adult coloring page ~ Stained-Glass-Valentine-Birthday-Card1
5.6″ x 8.2″ light green marbled cardstock
two 1.2″ wide silver resin turtle doves
set of the 24 Marco Raffine Aquablend watercolor pencils
Pilot silver marker pen
quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
Instructions for making the project:
1. Print the design, using the full page photo, fit picture to frame and high quality settings.
2. Working wet on dry and using the Marco Raffine pencils, color the design:
a. Start by coloring the hearts. Use the numbers printed near the top of each pencil to color the hearts according to the guide given below.
b. Use the white pencil (501) to add highlighted areas to each heart.
c. Use the black pencil (570) to add shadows to the areas where the hearts overlap with each other.
d. Add some shaded areas to each heart to create an impression that the hearts are 3D. For hearts colored with 508, use pencil 535 for the shaded areas; for hearts 510, use pencil 533; for hearts 512, use pencil 546; for hearts 513, use pencil 527.
e. For the background, use pencils 501; 549 and 535.
f. Lastly, use the silver pen to color the small circles that form part of the background.
3. Score the light green marbled cardstock to create a card sized 5.6” x 4.1”.
4. Cut out the colored design and with the fold at the left, centre and glue it to the front of the card.
5. Glue the two doves to the bottom right corner of the card.
- Mason Jar Craft: City of Lights Party Decoration - June 4, 2020
- Cheap Easy Gift Idea: Adult Coloring Cupcake Birthday Card - June 2, 2020
- Upcycled Vintage Country Table Centerpiece - May 15, 2020