I don’t care what anyone else thinks – sock puppets are hilarious. Take anything, add a sock puppet, and it’s 30 percent funnier. Here are some examples of things made better by sock dolls:
- School projects. Once, I did a presentation on Hamlet for an English class. Let me tell you, my crazy Ophelia sock puppet was pretty amazing. Yes, I got an A.
- Boring afternoons. Tired of watching TV? Come up with a sock puppet version of Jurassic Park with your kids or best friend. You’re welcome.
- Parties. Show up with sock versions of your friends and see how much more memorable the party will be.
- Trips. The car ride, stopping at roadside attractions… all improved by a hilarious sock puppet. Take some sock selfies if you really want to laugh.
Lately, we’ve noticed a lot of great ideas for stuff to make with socks. I’m a big fan, because obviously these crafts are pretty cheap! Most people have some socks they can use for crafts. After all, doing laundry usually results in having some stray socks without partners. You can recycle those by learning how to make a sock doll or other thrifty crafts.
With a little sewing know-how, you can have a lot of fun with sock crafts. These kind of crafts not only encourage creativity while you’re making them, but afterwards, you can be creative having fun with them! Kids in particular have a blast with sock puppets.
Here are our favorite sock crafts from AllFreeSewing.com.
Stuff to Make With Socks: 14 Sock Dolls and Other Sock Crafts
- Beanie Sock Giraffe
- Silly Sock Puppet
- Sock Snowman
- Sock Sloth
- Sock Monkey
- Spooky Sock Skeleton
- Frosty the Sock Snowman
- Sock Owl
- Sock Bunny
Other Sock Crafts
- Pet Sock Bed
- How to Make Doll Socks
- Sock Donut Toys
- How to Make Slippers from Socks
- Turn Socks into Pants for Your Toddler!
Don’t forget to make a sock version of yourself! Have you ever made a sock puppet?
- 10 Spring DIY Bag Patterns to Sew This Month - March 3, 2018
- Stuff to Make With Socks: 14 Sock Dolls and Other Sock Crafts - January 5, 2018
- Blast from the Past: Budget-Friendly Retro Vintage Sewing Patterns & Jewelry Patterns - July 22, 2015