I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a pretty big card naysayer. I’m just not a huge fan of them. You go, spend $4-5 on a card that may or may not be funny or heartfelt, your recipient reads it, and then it gets thrown away. If the card isn’t super cute, funny, or tear-jerking, I tend to just pile them in a corner of my closet until I no longer feel guilty about throwing them away.
But, while I’m anti-store-bought cards, I’m pro-handmade cards. Especially handmade Mother’s Day Cards. Not that I’ve ever received one (I’m nowhere near close to having children or even getting married), but I feel much better about giving them rather than run-of-the-mill Hallmark cards.
Handmade cards just say “I love you” so much better. They’re a gift in themselves because they take time to make. Everyone can appreciate a little craftiness every now and again, not to mention energy.
Though my parents will be in Hawaii for their anniversary over Mother’s Day, I’ll be sure to have a handmade Mother’s Day card waiting for my mom when she gets home. I know she’ll love it.
Now, I just have to choose which one I want to make her… I think I’m leaning toward the Colorful Printable Origami Animal Card, but it’s just such a tough choice!
1. Cheap ‘n’ Easy Shaker Cards
2. Magnificent Shining Butterfly Card
3. Colorful Printable Origami Animal Cards
4. Basket of Flowers Mother’s Day Card
5. Beautiful Blooms Accordion Fold Card
6. Beautiful Mother’s Day Card
7. Mother’s Day Felt Flower Brooch and Printable Card
8. Mother’s Day Card in Minutes
9. Pocket Full of Posies Card
10. Spring Blooms Handmade Mother’s Day Card
11. Chandelier Flower Raspberry Card
12. Bright Orange Lace Flower Card
Bonus! Adorable Mother’s Day Paper Crafts
What do you plan to make for your mom this Mother’s Day?
(Don’t worry, I won’t ruin the surprise!)
- 15 Pretty Paper Butterfly Projects - May 19, 2020
- 20 DIY Gold Paper Crafting Projects - May 5, 2020
- How to Make Paper Roses + Other Gorgeous Rose Crafts - January 25, 2020