If you’re looking into truly budget-friendly crafting, you’re going to want to recycle. There are so many things in your home that you typically overlook, but can be reused into something new. From lampshades to old cookware, these things would end up in a landfill if you didn’t take a look at their unexpected craft potential. Recycled craft projects help the environment and your wallet.
With sites like Pinterest and DIYIdeaCenter.com on the rise, people are getting smart about reusing objects in their home. After all, there’s so much that goes to waste every day – and it’s largely materials like paper and plastic. Sure, you could recycle them in your bin, but where’s the fun in that? As a crafter, you probably have need for materials like that anyway. You don’t need to head to the store and buy brand new materials every time. It’s surprisingly easy to disguise old materials with a little paint and elbow grease.
On FaveCrafts.com, we’re always seeing great ideas for recycled crafts. The most popular (and obvious) ones are toilet paper rolls and plastic water bottles. Those are great for kids crafts, but what about thinking bigger? Do you need a new planter for your porch, or a fun holiday decoration? Think outside the box with unexpected craft materials.
We gathered our most unusual unexpected craft ideas so you can make the most of materials you already have.
20 Unexpected Crafts: How to Use Reused, Recycled, and Unusual Crafting Supplies
- Repurposed Bedspread DIY Hand Towels
- CD Clock
- Decorative Vintage Paper Wreath
- Recycled Plastic Bag Snowman
- Chalkboard Paint Bottles
- Upcycled Vintage Suitcases
- Macaroni Art Box
- 10 Minute Tin Can Luminaries
- Made From Scratch Memory Box – Made from envelopes and an old book
- Embellished Cigar Box
- Upcycled Scarf Headband
- DIY Coffee Filter Garland
- Upcycled Flea Market Glass Vases
- Coffee Colored Vintage Clothespins
- How to Turn a Door into a Desk
- Adorable Recycled Skirt Pouch
- Rustic Wooden Wall Hanging
- DIY Vintage Window Frame Organizer – So charming!
- Bold DIY Wine Bottle Chandelier
- Upcycled CD Cupcake Stand
What materials do you have on-hand to make a recycled craft project?
- 5 Vintage Crafts From Yesteryear - August 6, 2020
- 18 Tie Dye Ideas for Festival Season - July 29, 2020
- 12 Denim DIY Crafts: Putting Your Old Jeans to Good Use - July 20, 2020