Hello, it’s Carolyn Wainscott with an easy angel craft – a burlap angel garland to decorate your mantle, Christmas tree and more!
I don’t have a mantle that would show it off so took it outside to the spot I had spected out several days before but that didn’t suit-maybe a little too rustic and not enough contrast.
I had also thought about draping around a large tree-you know, trying to get all artsy/craftsy- but that didn’t work either so back into the house and after trying several options decided to drape fabric to hang the garland over-that worked pretty well-
I love the fancy ornament hooks I found while searching for something else to use, forgot about even having them, very fortuitous, don’t you think?
The roping was chosen to match the burlap angels and stars. At one point the angels and stars were going to be left perfectly plain but I decided at the last minute they needed some embellishment so ran to Hobby Lobby with a coupon [I just love coupons, don’t you?] for glitter glue [more on that later].
- 1 yard burlap-this will make about 12 or 13 of each figure
- 1 yard Fairfield Stiffen 2 [very stiff with fusible on both sides-20″ wide]
- roping-this one is about 10′ long
- pattern below
- cardboard or template plastic to make templates
- optional trims, paints-glitter glue [this took a long time to dry, I got very aggravated waiting]
- I used ornament hooks to attach angels/stars to roping-original thought was jute cording to tie
- hole punch
- Place Fairfield Stiffen 2 between folded burlap and fuse both sides.
2. Trace pattern onto cardboard or template plastic.
3. Trace motifs to burlap/Stiffen sheet and cut out.
4. Embellish if desired with glitter glue, sequins, etc.
Thank you for joining us here on Cheap Eats and Thrifty Crafts and may the joy of crafting be upon you. If you make the garland please feel free to share with us.
- Vintage Christmas Crafts: The Tussie Mussie and the Language of Flowers - December 15, 2020
- Victorian-Era Style: DIY Little Girl’s Fur Muff with Matching Doll Fur Muff - August 20, 2020
- My Granddaughter Hannah’s DIY Duct Tape Mannequin for Sewing Projects - May 27, 2020