I love craft materials that make it easy to personalize anything. The appeal of Washi tape is that you can easily make something yours, and add some personality to something boring. For example, if you take a plain black notebook and decorate the cover in colorful tape, it adds instant uniqueness.
Washi tape has been trending for a few years now, and it’s easy to see why. It’s cheap and comes in a seemingly endless variety of colors and patterns. You can use it in paper crafts, kids crafts, holiday crafts, scrapbooking—it truly has endless uses in crafting. Plus, it’s just tape, so it’s extremely easy to use. You don’t even have to wait for anything to dry! If you want to decorate something in a pinch, Washi tape is a fun and satisfying way to do it.
It used to be a lot harder to get Washi tape—you’d have to order it online—but now I see it everywhere, including Wal-Mart and Michael’s. You can usually get a set of three for a few bucks, so you can stock up and use them for all sorts of Washi tape crafts.
I love looking at what bloggers have done with Washi tape – there are some really creative ideas out there! From home decor to personalized office supplies, this craft material is becoming standard in the craft community.
Here’s my round-up of Washi tape ideas for fast and easy summer projects.
8 Washi Tape Crafts for Easy Summer Crafts
- Washi Tape Americana Art – Perfect for the Fourth of July!
- Multipurpose Pencil Holder
- Washi Tape Earrings
- Washi Tape Clothespins
- DIY Washi Tape Fairy Lights
- Washi Tape Organizer Pouch
- Stick Around Flowers
- Washi Tape Cards
What’s your favorite Washi tape project?
- Complete your Kids’ Table with these 8 Easy Thanksgiving Crafts and Fun Thanksgiving Recipes - November 24, 2020
- Our Magical Fall Preview: Hanging Lanterns and Other Mason Jar Crafts - September 9, 2020
- Office Space: 29 DIY Crafts to Makeover Your Cubicle - July 16, 2020